Saturday, August 3, 2013

A Kiwi in Locke - Plein Air

 Today the Sacramento Plein Air Painters met in the on-going First Saturday paint-out in Locke.  A good number showed up and it was a really lovely summer morning.  I found this little spot looking through a vacant lot on Main Street and into the back yard fence and yard of a small house beyond.  At this time of the morning the west facing house and fence were in deep shade, but the tin roof was beginning to emerge into sunlight and the yard was getting full sun.  A New Zealand flag hung from the beam of the rear porch.  I learned learned later that the lady living there is a New Zealander...and I had a chance to say hello.  

I pushed the darks hard on this Plein Air Study in the hope of emphasizing the lighted areas.  The roses were in the light for the most part and were quite striking, but I didn't have an appropriate red to make them pop.  When the painting drys a bit, I'll add a little emphasis in the rose blooms.

It was a great morning in Locke once again.

A Kiwi in Locke   Oil on panel   16 x 12 






This original plein air painting is available unframed at
My Art Site: Bruce Hancock Fine Art

No comments :

Post a Comment