Friday, April 11, 2014

Join Me? Still Life Oil Painting

Another Still Life oil painting!  I'm hoping to do quite a few of these small still life paintings as a practice and learning tool.   I feel like the process of creating them has already helped me somewhat in my landscape plein air paintings.  When I'm out painting, I try hard to concentrate on the landscape in front of me and treat it as if it were a still life subject.   In many ways it is, of course, and by using the same approach I would as though painting a still life, I feel that the somewhat chaotic plein air process that I've been following becomes more methodical and planned.

So here's another still life once again using good ol' Johnny Walker as a prop.  I like the beautiful burnished copper color of the scotch and painting glass is really fun.


To Purchase this painting, Please click HERE

My Art Site: Bruce Hancock Fine Art

2 comments :

  1. Bruce, You are really having fun with glass. Those glasses really work well. Lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ruth! Yes, I'm finding glass to be really interesting visually.

    ReplyDelete