Sunday, August 11, 2013

The Dancer Revisited - Portrait

I photographed this beautiful 'belly dancer' at a recent Festival in a park in Rancho Cordova, a suburb of Sacramento.  I'm painting a nearly full length figure / portrait of her, but in spite of the wonderful subject matter, it has been a struggle.  Along the way, I painted a quick sketch of a head and shoulder portrait that I posted earlier.  It was an entertaining break from the larger painting.  However I have continued to struggle with the larger work.  Even the background has me completely stymied.  Once again I turned to the portrait to try a completely abstract...and very light....background.  I also couldn't resist taking the actual portrait to a higher degree of finish.  It's still far from finished, but it was a good exercise once again.  I like the very bright and warm background against her dark skin and costume.  Back to the bigger painting again....

Here's the Dancer portrait revisited.  It's 16" x 12" oil on canvas.

The Dancer Revisited  16 x 12 oil on canvas.
 



My Art Site: Bruce Hancock Fine Art

No comments :

Post a Comment